Veterans Services is here to assist Veterans transitioning to SIU Carbondale.
As well, it serves as a central location where veterans can resolve any issues they might encounter while attending the university. Veterans Services provides the following services:
- Providing information, checklists, and other content regarding the necessary steps for veterans to successfully transition to the university.
- Dissemination of information to veterans and active duty military members who are interested in attending SIU Carbondale.
- Answering all general inquiries about veterans services provided by the university, including directing veterans to on and off campus veteran service providers.
- A central location on the campus where any veterans' issues can be resolved.
- Providing on and off campus housing information for veterans.
If you have any questions about the Veterans Services, any issues that need to be resolved, or just want to hang out with some other veterans, contact us!
Visit Woody Hall, room 381.
Veterans Services, in conjunction with the Veteran Integration to Academic Leadership (VITAL) program have presentations available to increase understanding of:
- Military culture
- Post traumatic stress disorder and traumatic brain injury impacts on student learning
- Veterans in the classroom
Contact Veterans Service at 618-453-1317 if you would like to schedule a presentation.
This Able Veteran conducts in-class presentations, providing information on their services.